Mental health care in the Delhi region for the complete range of problems in the adult population offering ancient as well as modern modalities.
Best Psychotherapy Clinic in Delhi
Psychotherapy if done skilfully and optimally combined with other approaches like medication can really set you free! You might ask yourself, which is the best psychotherapy clinic in Delhi? While we don’t have a definitive answer, we can honestly say that we offer a unique approach to mental health, one that integrates medications as well as modalities like buddhist counseling and acupuncture that can make a huge difference in the way you feel about yourself, your friends and family and about the world.
We work within the community and do not believe that you as a “sick” person has to come to us for help. Often times, we prefer working not from a hospital or a clinic but from personalized home and community spaces where the atmosphere is a lot more informal and we can develop long lasting therapeutic relationships. We do hope that you will appreciate our approach and come see us soon! We also administer oriental approaches like acupuncture at your own home for enhancing mental well being.
What do you do when you feel distressed and uncomfortable?
When you feel that your anxiety or depression or any mental source of anguish is getting out of hand, we advocate that you follow the “GOD” algorithm…….
Ask for help. Please do not think that mental health troubles do not warrant help. Make certain that:
- You find someone to talk to
- Get qualified help if need be
- Surround yourself with people who are helpful, kind, co-operative and help you feel better
Make your troubles an object. Make it something you can look at and measure. Often, it helps to:
- Write in a diary
- Examine your experience-does it have a shape, a color?
- Ask yourself this: Where is the anguish located?
Take some space and time out to acknowledge the pain. Know that this experience is:
- Fleeting and impermanent and that it will pass
- Focus on something neutral, like your breath
- Realize that thoughts, sensations and feelings have essentially no substance
Should you need a kind, compassionate as well as qualified guide to help you through your pain, please see what we have to offer.
Mental Health Care Demystified
Should you have diabetes, would you hesitate to seek adequate medical help? Yet, there are many who do not seek out adequate help for mental health concerns. That is really sad, because just a little bit of help and guidance can steer you to a life of greater peace, stability and efficiency.
Therapyspace is founded on compassion. We know what it is like to suffer from pain that you can barely express. We are the only service that offers contemplative psychotherapy and buddhist oriented approaches to help with mental anguish in our part of the world.
Psychiatric diagnoses, we maintain, are mere labels. Mental health care is much more than that. It is about acknowledging that we are fragile and nonetheless starting on a journey that can uncover an unbelievable capacity to tread steadfastly and surely towards lasting peace and joy.
Mental Health Care: The facts
- One in four people will be affected by mental illness or some neurological disorder at some point in their lives.
- In India, the treatment gap for mental health care is amongst the poorest in the world.
- Approximately 14 % of the indian population suffer from some form of mental illness with 60% not receiving adequate mental health care.
- Urban centres are rife with mental illnesses because of stress, breakdown in support systems, economic instability and unpredictable lifestyles.
- Adequate mental health care can be provided by minimally trained staff and even a little bit of support can reduce the burden of mental illness.
- Unfounded stigma is a major cause for not seeking help in time.